Monday, April 8, 2013

I party with Jay Gatsby


I have a little bit of an obsession with quirky shirts lately. And as an tribute to the ever dapper Leonardo Dicaprio in the upcoming Great Gatsby movie, I couldn't resist making this little number. I present my "I party with Jay Gatsby" shirt. 


 It was so easy to make. I went for my classic $4 boyfriend tee from Forever21 and those iron on letters from the craft store. I got these from Hobby Lobby because I wanted a large all cap print that didn't look like the typical comic sans font. I had to get two sets because I needed three letter "T"s. But all in all a super cheap and fun Saturday project. My favorite things about statement tees is that you can dress them up or down. Pair them with a blazer, skinny jeans, and heels and you got an easy outfit that's simple yet fun. My next project is remaking this fave tee from Lulu & Co, that unfortunately is out of stock and ridiculously pricey. So lucky for me and my bank account, I have an unquenchable desire to make funny shirts. Post to follow soon :)



Shirt: DIY/ Jacket: Charlotte Russe (on sale now) / Jeans: H&M, similar here / Heels: Windsor / Necklace: J Crew copycat DIY instructions here / Watch: Charming Charlie / Bracelets: Stella and Dot



 Xxxxooo

natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment