Friday, February 1, 2013

a different kind of detox



It’s no surprise I like clothes. And shoes? Well don’t get me started. I saw this gem on pinterest one day and it made me laugh:


One of my favorite movies is Confessions of a Shopaholic. I think it is absolutely hilarious and Isla Fisher is a doll. Now I wouldn’t consider myself a shopaholic per say but I have quite the stash of clothes in my closet. Anyways my clothes and I had quite an experience the other night that reminded me of the movie. Remember the scene when she tries to hide all her clothes in those suction bags in her dresser and it eventually explodes everywhere? Ya it was kinda like that
It was around 1:30 AM on new year’s day, when I heard a creepy creaking noise. It sounded like someone was trying to sneak across our attic. After about ten seconds of it I was convinced a homeless person had snuck into our attic while we were on vacation and was now coming down to kill us. Dramatic  I know, but it was creepy. Anyways the mister decided to go check on the noise. The creaking became louder and more frequent when suddenly there was a loud crashing noise followed by silence. I thought the mister had been attacked by someone. But no, he was attacked by my closet. The creaking noise was the bar/shelf in the spare room’s closet slowly breaking off the wall. 
This is the aftermath:



Needless to say, it was terrifying. My perfectly color coordinated dresses, cardis, and jackets came crashing down into a big mess. At least most my shoes were unaffected. Thank heavens for that! Anywho, I am currently on a clothing detox. I will keep you posted on how that goes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment